- Google Analytics for the purpose of to capturing demographic and other anonymous data for web optimization and marketing purposes, for example.
- "Lead auditing" in order to ensure accuracy, relevance and validity of submitted information.
- Tracking marketing and conversion rates. This includes, but is not limited to, targeting and optimizing digital ad serving. This improves relevance, user experience, and the effectiveness of our advertising.
Removing Cookies and Third Party Advertising
Generally, you can opt-out of receiving personalized ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or those who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance's Self-Regulatory Principles in addition to other third party advertisers and ad networks. In order to do this, visit the opt-out pages on the NAI and DAA websites. You may remove cookies using your browser and will usually have to do so on a per use and not a one-time basis.
Submitted and Automatic Information
We use submitted and automatic information in order to make improvements to OnlineCollegeDegrees.net and create a more relevant user experience through the use of analytics, site optimization and tailored advertising and marketing efforts. Here are some key points regarding the way use submitted and automatic information:
- We collect your submitted information, store it and share it with and other third parties, including schools in order to provide you with information regarding education. This includes information about schools, programs and education related services.
- When you voluntarily submit information, you authorize us and our affiliated schools and partners to contact you, in accordance with all applicable laws. This may be via telephone, text messages, email or mail.
- If you wish to unsubscribe from email communications delivered by us, a school, or third party, you can do so through the provided link in the emails to opt-out.
- When using OnlineCollegeDegrees.net, we receive and store certain types of anonymous information by using cookies. Examples of this type of information include your browser version, operating system version and your IP address.
- By utilizing OnlineCollegeDegrees.net, we assume you acknowledge and agree that the information we collect may be shared with schools, affiliated companies, and third parties in the interest of providing you with degree information products and services related to education.
We assume that you acknowledge and agree with our right to release any collected information, even if it is personally identifiable to businesses providing administration services to our company, such as email service delivery. This also applies in cases in which we are subpoenaed or other procedures required by law. We will act in good faith when it is necessary to share your information in order to preserve our rights, ensure the safety of you and others, to explore alleged fraud or to comply with a government or legal request. If OnlineCollegeDegrees.net enters into a merger, aquisition or sale to a third party, we also reserve the right to share submitted and automatic information, when necessary.
When you submit information, such as your phone number, email address or mailing address, you are giving OnlineCollegeDegrees.net and our affiliated entities, including schools and third party marketing vendors, permission to contact you via these methods (including text messages). You are also relinquishing any rights that are granted to you by the Do Not Call list or other applicable laws established by state and federal governments. This also applies to our affiliates, partners and vendors, for a period of time.